When we announced the pregnancy...friends, who has already taken the kid-leap, seemed to relish telling us that our lives would never be the same again....they'd gleefully say:
- no more weekend lie-ins reading the paper!
- no movies at the cinema for at least 3 years!
- no dry-cleanable clothes for at least 5 years!
- no long summer evenings having a few drinks with friends!
Basically a whole lot of no, no, no's.
So yes...things are very different but we still manage to do some of those things...and a definite plus is that Limi gets us up in time to enjoy the WHOLE day!
- trips to the cinema are still okay (we just need to be more prepared with baby-sitters)
- weekend paper reading still happens....
.....and even the lie-in
- the dry-cleaning bill has gone up!
- but social evenings with friends definitely still happen....just with a break, for a group lullaby-sing-a-long, at Limi's bedtime.