there's a constant flurry of list-making going on in my head.....these are lists of things that i would love Limi to experience, to learn about life and to grow up believing in......constantly growing, these lists are are a collection of my own experiences....my own childhood,...things i've read....things i've learnt so far.......and things that i wish i had learnt soon.......
here's a few things off these lists in no particular order.......
- tumbling into bed with an exhausted grin after a day spent at the beach swimming, running up and down dunes and digging holes
- licking the cake mixing bowl clean
- dancing till your feet hurt
- falling in love and breaking up (because it makes you appreciate the former more)
- a messy mud fight
- laughing so hard your stomach muscles hurt
- coming first
- coming last
- delicious calamari on the deck at Chapman's Peak Hotel in Cape Town
- to have a sense of humour
- how to accept a compliment graciously
- how to say sorry graciously...and mean it
- to be a team player but also confident as an individual
- to be able to laugh at yourself
- how to negotiate with a smile/ barter like a Berber woman
- more than one language
Grow up believing in:
- equality no matter who you are, where you live and what you believe in
- the Tooth Fairy and Father Christmas
what would you add to the list?