19 and 20 month updates....
(20 months in 3 days time.....wow, feels like a milestone)
Length - 83cms
Foot Length - 13cms
Hand length - 10.5cms
and no change on:
Ear length - 6cms (ears don't seem to grow very fast)
Weight - 12.4kgs
Hair - still not enough for pigtails....or even for a first haircut......but still growing with lots of curls
Teeth - pesky teeth - the bottom incisors are out and the top are struggling through. whoohoo, we're almost there. the teeth have been a long journey with plenty of rashes around the mouth, tubes of Bongela and herbal Teethas
New words - pah.....we have sentences......like:
- Limi mouth go parp
(after a milk burb)
- Mama say no, no Limi laptop
(after using my laptop as a jazz piano)
- Limi more peese (please), toast
(asking for more toast)
- No, no where Dada is?
(wondering when A. is getting back)
- Limi bird is aer-plane
(after I explained that being in an aeroplane is a bit like being a bird in the sky)
This Month's Likes and Dislikes:
- doing everything by herself - including climbing up stairs, doing up shoes, getting undressed, doing up clips...in fact it's 'Mama, step away, I can do this'.....
- stripping. this morning I found Limi sitting in her cot naked except for her nappy and working on the nappy tapes. this is bad timing when we're heading into Winter
- keys and doors....still
- sitting on tree trunks. on our walks we have to stop and perch on a tree trunk for a few seconds and then move onto the next tree
- back tickles. especially after a bath and preferably Dada's back tickles (he IS especially talented when it comes to back tickles)
- brushing teeth. whenever we brush our teeth Limi wants to do hers too. afterwards, she stands on the basin table and also swishes and spits
- bubble baths and solo showers. a big highlight is giving us all bubble beards and standing alone in the shower while the water rains down
- singing. especially ABCD; row, row, row your boat; happy days (Limi's own version of happy birthday) and incy, wincy spider
- counting. 6,7,8,9 are the preferred numbers
- kissing our arms and fish kisses. our bare arms are smattered with kisses in the morning and good-byes are a series of fish kisses. A. and i always joke that Limi's first crush will be surprised when she lunges in with a fish-style kiss
- No. Rather don't. Maybe not. Stop and come away
- keeping fingers off our laptops...they just keep creeping back
- the way that i organise my apps on my iPhone it seems as they keep getting rearranged and put into new folders
What We Love -
- well everything but especially all this talking. it's a running commentary soundtrack of our lives....
'Mama brushes hair.
Dada put shirt on.
Dada brushes teeth.
Bee. Bee! (looking outside)
Mama puts Mama shoes.'
and so it goes on.......