we've been talking alot lately about what London has to offer. what it doesn't offer is obvious: beaches, lots of sunny weather and oodles of space (oh that large garden with a pool that I crave)....but what it does offer is diversity, creativity and always lots of amazing things to do....not forgetting of course, red buses, castles, soldiers, boats, trains and plenty of ducks.
although i definitely have nothing against the obvious things to do with kids: the zoo, the amazing parks, the aquarium etc......i also think that there are so many fantastic resources available in London that could make a childhood here completely magical.......
we've been putting in some effort to think about places that may fire Limi's imagination, things that are relevant to her right now: body parts, animals, people, aeroplanes, colours etc.
so recently, we took Limi to Covent Garden to watch the buskers. these street performers are set such a high standard for the rest of London....
Limi loved these guys as did we the whole experience.....always fun to be a tourist in your own town.
other things that we've come up with....and this is by no means a completed list (all suggestions welcome) are:
- body part spotting in the sculpture rooms at the V&A gallery
- learning colours at the Tate Modern: matching colour cards to artworks
- Covent Garden buskers....always new...always interesting
- the stuffed animal rooms at the Natural History Museum.....Limi was fascinated by it all but especially the beaks and feathers
- the South Bank for it's Summer beach, buskers and this water installation
- the amazing churches in London. Jae took Limi to Westminster Abbey and she was captivated, by the building, the sculptures, the people praying