grandparents are good for.....
- holding your hand while you walk around the garden for ages and ages pointing out all the flowers, leaves and bugs
- letting you lick the spoon and bowl while they bake your favourite cake
- snuggling up to while they read your favourite book
- helping you to cut out bits of paper to make your own paper, glitter and glue artwork
- teaching you how to sew on buttons
- showing you how to grow vegetables or instead make a mud-bath
- letting you leap in that mud-bath with wild abandon
- listening to your day's adventures
- sewing your doll/bear a new outfit
- teaching you to tell the time
- waiting patiently while you tie your own shoelaces
- and finally, just sitting and spending time with you without having to rush off to do something else....